Reversing the spiritual landscape in Alaska from 70% non-religious to 70% Christian
The Holy Spirit has been signaling the need for prayer for the move of God in Alaska. In recent years, God has activated several prayer movements across Alaska.
These include pastoral prayer gatherings, church-wide prayer meetings, regional and national prayer initiatives as well as worship events. Within this period Revive Alaska Outreach has hosted a concerted 40-day prayer and fasting for Alaska since 2015. Below is the 2020 Prayer Format.
“If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer made in this place. For now I have chosen and sanctified this house, that My name may be there forever; and My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually.”
(2 Chronicles 7:14-16)
1. This is not a solemn fast but a daily light 12-hour (6 am - 6 pm) fast. Drinking water is allowed during the fast. Anyone accustomed to fasting may choose to fast longer hours or days.
2. Everyone is expected to call in on the designated prayer line every day except Fridays and Sundays.
3. It is expected that each person should fast for the entire 40 days but this is not a requirement to participate in the fast.
4. If you are new to fasting, start out by fasting a few hours and increase to 12 per day.
5. For those not used to long fasting, it is encouraged that you fast at least three straight days each week.
6. At the end of the 40 days, each person shall gather together for the Annual Revive Alaska Prayer Conference which will be held in Anchorage, AK on February 8th and 9th, 2020.
DAILY PRAYER (Monday-Thursday, & Saturday):
Everyday each person will call into the prayer line at 6pm to close out the fast each day. The Moderator will lead the prayer line with thanksgiving, praise and worship, prayer, welcoming of callers, call out prayer points, and follow up with announcements. If you would love to moderate the prayer line any of the 40 days, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every Friday during the fast, we shall meet physically in various locations across the state. If you are in Anchorage, please view the calendar to see which churches we will be meeting at corporately. If you would love to host a Friday prayer gathering in your church, ministry or home, please contact us at email@example.com. If you live in an area outside of or are unable to attend a hosted gathering, we would love to invite you to view the online stream at www.revivealaska.org.
PRAYER LINE GUIDELINES/ETIQUETTE:
Prayer line opens at 6pm AKST.
Unless in a quiet place, please be considerate and limit the background noise pollution by muting your phone.
The call moderator will lead each prayer point, everyone prays the prayer point together, then the moderator will have someone conclude the prayer point.
Everyone is encouraged to pray and pray out loud, to get into the flow of the anointing and bring down the presence of God.
GUIDELINES FOR FASTING:
Each participant should fast as much as possible. Ideally, only drinking water from 6am to 6pm daily. Those used to fasting could fast longer hours or days.
Call into prayer teleconference at 6pm AKST daily except Fridays and Sundays.
(712) 770-5537 Code: 606567 and press 1
After the prayer line, eat a small, light meal. It is encouraged to have fruit as a bedtime snack to assist in fasting the following day. Try to avoid oils and starch.
Dedicate fasting time to devotional activities such as reading the Bible, worship and prayer.
In addition to skipping meals, certain types of foods (sweets, soft drinks, etc) or leisure activities (Social media, TV, sports etc.) can be “fasted” as well.
* For those taking medications or with health concerns, please adjust your fast accordingly.*
PURPOSE OF FASTING:
1. Fasting as a means of worship, which must be God-centered, God intended, and God ordained.
2. Fasting as preparation for God’s guidance and renewal (Daniel 9; Ex. 24)
3. Fasting to reveal the things that control us and hinder our intimacy with God.
4. Fasting to remind us that we are sustained “by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.”
5. Fasting to help keep our balance in life.
6. Fasting as an expression of grief, distress, or repentance.
POINTS TO REMEMBER WHILE FASTING:
1. Monitor your inner attitudes and maintain a worshipful attitude.
2. Be careful not to call attention to what you are doing.
3. Remember that the major work of scriptural fasting is in the realm of the spirit.
4. Believe God for answered prayers.